From The Food Network.
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus softened butter, for buttering the tortillas
- One 16-ounce box white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapeno slices
- Add the butter to a skillet with the mushrooms, onions, bell peppers and some salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.
- To build the quesadillas, spread one side of the tortillas with a little softened butter and place buttered-side down on individual heavy-duty foil squares. Top with a mixture of the Cheddar, Monterey Jack and goat cheese, sprinkle on a few jalapenos and then add some of the sauteed vegetables. Fold in half and seal into individual foil parcels. Cook on a hot campfire grill until warmed through and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.