Camp COOLMOVES had another successful outing this past weekend. We took on one night at Bothe-Napa Valley State Park with Kula, who gave us a new use for our tent stakes.
- Campsites were very isolated from each other, and we never felt like we had to be quiet at night.
- The facilities were super clean and nice, with toilet paper, running water, and there was even a shower.
- Ali gave me a Black Diamond Moji Color light as a gift, and this was the first chance for us to use it in the wild. It was bright, with a great color, and we could easily hang it up inside our new Big Tent.
- The weather was perfect: not too cold at night, Ali was able to sleep great, and it wasn’t difficult to get up in the morning.
- Ali had the great idea to get a string of lights. They’re lightweight and bright. Great on the table to help keep things well lit!
- Watermelon. Yum. 🍉
- We tried stopping by Calistoga on our way out at a winery called Tank Garage; they were packed! So we had to end up skipping that adventure.
- So many mosquitoes! I arrived around 6pm, and about 30 minutes later, when Ali arrived, we were in Zika Town. We had a spray, but that seemed to last about 10 minutes until we’d need to re-spray. It made it extremely difficult to get the camp setup. Once we got the fire started, I think we were able to start smoking them away. So buggy! Need a better solution for this next time.
- Kula is quite the suburban gal who likes paved roads and hates the outdoors.
- We forgot to bring plates, but we were able to eat out of some aluminum trays we had. Oops.
Bothe-Napa Valley SP COOLED
It’s finally here: the first camp of the 2019 season!
Here are the details for this weekend’s upcoming camp at Bothe-Napa Valley State Park.
- Ritchey Creek Campground
Friday, April 19th
- ~3pm: Ivan will start the drive up from Oakland to the park
- Ali will be arriving later from her office in Santa Rosa with additional supplies
- upon arrival: setup camp, chill out, fire, dinner, fun times
Saturday, April 20th
- morning: breakfast, coffee, and packing up
- 12pm: final time to check out of site
- after checkout: hiking? head home